Yes. We use the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to help assess the suitability of volunteers wishing to support older people. We carry out different levels of checks depending on the role you wish to carry out. We will provide you with all the necessary information to complete this check and will cover the cost of the application.

It is our policy that if you have been living outside of England and Wales within the last three years, you will be required to obtain a certificate of good character from the country you have been residing in.